Colchester-based Care UK celebrates across-the-board ‘Outstanding’ ratings for Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre
- Credit: Archant
Essex-based healthcare, social care and care homes group Care UK has hailed a clean-sweep of “Outstanding” ratings for one of its treatment centres.
The Colchester company says that the facility, at Shepton Mallet in Somerset, is the first surgical hospital in England to receive a top “Outstanding” rating in every individual element of its Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection.
CQC inspectors judged the centre to be ‘Outstanding’ against the five main categories of Safe, Effective, Caring, Responsive and Well-led care.
Care UK says that no other NHS, independent or private hospital CQC report published so far has the five outstanding stars on its overall rating.
The centre, which only treats NHS patients, was also awarded “Outstanding” ratings for its outpatients services.
You may also want to watch:
Chester Barnes, hospital director at the Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre, said: “Everyone here is thrilled that the care we provide to patients has been rated ‘Outstanding’.
“To be the first ‘Outstanding’ hospital in the country to achieve that rating across all the criteria inspected, is a reflection of the consistently high standards of care and professionalism displayed by my colleagues every day.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 'This bloke is the new sponsor of Ipswich Town' - Ed Sheeran posts throwback picture after shirt announcement
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 10 Exit Interview: Ward was the model pro who started fast but simply ran out of steam
Jim Easton, managing director of health care at Care UK, added: “We hope patients, colleagues and commissioners are delighted to be able to celebrate a national first in Shepton Mallet.
“This is a great outcome for the Treatment Centre and Care UK and my congratulations go to the team for this superb achievement. We continue to build upon this exemplary care and share best practice across all of our NHS treatment centres.”