Colchester-based cleaning group Monthind completes acquisition of Atkins Gregory in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia cleaning company Monthind has expanded with thea acquisition of Cambridge-based commercial cleaning contractor Atkins Gregory.
Monthind, which is based in Colchester and also has an office in Norwich, will take on all of Atkins Gregory’s staff and contracts, and its headquarters in Cambridge.
The addition of the business, which will continue to trade as Atkins Gregory, takes the value of Monthind’s contract portfolio to more than £10m and its total number of staff to more than 1,000.
Tony Felgate, partner at Monthind, said: “Monthind’s growth strategy has been to look at businesses that complement the service and people-driven ethos of our business.
“Atkins Gregory has built an excellent reputation and a solid business delivering high-quality commercial office and window cleaning services across the region, and we have no plans to make any changes to what is a highly regarded and successful business. Our message is that it’s business as usual for all staff and customers.”
Monthind said that the deal, the value of which has not been disclosed, would cement its place as East Anglia’s largest independent commercial cleaning company and would result in the creation of additional jobs in due course.
Mr Felgate added: “Having a base in Cambridge and expanding our delivery along the A12/A14 corridor is key to our strategy.
- 1 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 5 more places you can’t visit in Suffolk
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 6 The night Town beat Real Madrid - and why they're still part of elite club
- 7 Driver being taken to hospital after car ends up on roof in field
- 8 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 9 When will bins be emptied during the Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend?
- 10 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
“We have safeguarded 275 jobs and will be creating further employment across the business from our Cambridge base. It’s a really exciting move for Monthind and great news for the region.”