Colchester-based Rose Calendars celebrates success at the Print Solutions Awards
- Credit: Archant
Rose Calendars has been named among the winners at the Print Solutions Awards in London.
The Colchester-based firm, a leading producer of promotional calendars, won the Environmental Solution category for its installation of solar panels.
Rose was up against two other finalists and won with a 48% shares of the vote.
The installation of solar panels on the firm’s roof during the summer of 2014 broke new ground, with the panels being cleverly positioned in an unconventional location.
Contrary to popular belief that south-facing positioning would be most beneficial, Rose Calendars bucked the trend with a west-facing installation.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Rose, managing director of Rose Calendars, said: “We are very pleased to have won this renowned award for our environmental solution, as it recognises the efforts we are making to reduce our carbon footprint in the printing of our calendars. Customers benefit from our use of solar energy, while making a difference for the future.”
He added: “The business is strengthening in a tough market through robust management, innovation, investment and environmental initiatives. The future is bright.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm