Colchester: Edge Hotel School forms link with London Marriott Hotel County Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Edge Hotel School at Wivenhoe Park, Colchester ? the UK’s first hotel school to be based in a working hotel ? has formed a partnership with the luxury London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
The link-up began with a series of workshops for degree students at the five-star hotel on the capital’s popular South Bank, with activities including mock interviews with the in-house HR team and talks with general manager Theresa Maw, food and beverage director Sebastian Schweitzer and guest relations manager Rebecca Burton.
Therese Maw said: “It’s a genuine pleasure to be working alongside such a prestigious educational establishment and contributing to the development of the industry’s future leaders.
“Our partnership will include the opportunity for students to intern and benefit from work experience at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming them for many years to come.
“We are committed to providing our staff with the support they need to be the best they can be, and we’re looking forward to applying the same encouragement to the Edge Hotel School’s students.”
Christoph Hoffmann, vice principal at the Edge Hotel School, added: “We’re very appreciative of the time and effort that the London Marriott Hotel County Hall team has put into the foundations of our relationship. Meeting different personnel from the hotel helps our students develop an understanding of how their careers can progress in the industry.”
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 5 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
The next stage of the partnership takes place in August, when the hotel’s HR director, Alex Dimsdale will visit the students at Wivenhoe House, on the University of Essex campus, to deliver a series of tutorials.
Other activities will include playing back interviews shot at the hotel, for students to express thoughts on their own development.
Long-term, students will also be encouraged to apply for internships and work placements at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.