Colchester: Edge Hotel School forms link with London Marriott Hotel County Hall
- Credit: Archant
The Edge Hotel School at Wivenhoe Park, Colchester ? the UK’s first hotel school to be based in a working hotel ? has formed a partnership with the luxury London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
The link-up began with a series of workshops for degree students at the five-star hotel on the capital’s popular South Bank, with activities including mock interviews with the in-house HR team and talks with general manager Theresa Maw, food and beverage director Sebastian Schweitzer and guest relations manager Rebecca Burton.
Therese Maw said: “It’s a genuine pleasure to be working alongside such a prestigious educational establishment and contributing to the development of the industry’s future leaders.
“Our partnership will include the opportunity for students to intern and benefit from work experience at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming them for many years to come.
You may also want to watch:
“We are committed to providing our staff with the support they need to be the best they can be, and we’re looking forward to applying the same encouragement to the Edge Hotel School’s students.”
Christoph Hoffmann, vice principal at the Edge Hotel School, added: “We’re very appreciative of the time and effort that the London Marriott Hotel County Hall team has put into the foundations of our relationship. Meeting different personnel from the hotel helps our students develop an understanding of how their careers can progress in the industry.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
The next stage of the partnership takes place in August, when the hotel’s HR director, Alex Dimsdale will visit the students at Wivenhoe House, on the University of Essex campus, to deliver a series of tutorials.
Other activities will include playing back interviews shot at the hotel, for students to express thoughts on their own development.
Long-term, students will also be encouraged to apply for internships and work placements at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.