Colchester: Harvard University professor David A Shore to lead strategic marketing seminar
- Credit: Archant
One of the world’s leading experts on strategic marketing will be speaking in Essex next month.
Professor David A Shore from Harvard University will lead a one-day seminar, Gaining Competitive Advantage, at Colchester’s Firstsite on Tuesday, October 1, from 10am to 4pm.
The seminar has been organised by a group of local Essex-based businesses in a collaboration to share best practice.
Prof Shore, a world authority on brand, reputation and trust, will discuss ways organisations can market themselves more effectively to become leaders in their field.
He says: “A highly valued reputation allows an organisation to stand out from the crowd, comprising what millionaire philanthropist Warren Buffett calls a ‘competitive moat’ in its market.
“There is compelling data to suggest that the organisation that owns a reputation for trust dominates its marketplace. A trusted reputation for high-quality programmes, products, and services is critical to creating a unique and sustainable competitive advantage.”
The seminar will focus on how to build that kind of trust and trustworthiness, and how to turn that into a trusted reputation and brand.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 4 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 5 Police release picture of man after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 6 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 7 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
- 8 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 9 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 10 Plans for 115 homes in village gets backing to move forward
Tickets cost £130. For details, visit http://quality-square.co.uk/1stoctober2013/ .