Colchester: Harvard University professor David A Shore to lead strategic marketing seminar
- Credit: Archant
One of the world’s leading experts on strategic marketing will be speaking in Essex next month.
Professor David A Shore from Harvard University will lead a one-day seminar, Gaining Competitive Advantage, at Colchester’s Firstsite on Tuesday, October 1, from 10am to 4pm.
The seminar has been organised by a group of local Essex-based businesses in a collaboration to share best practice.
Prof Shore, a world authority on brand, reputation and trust, will discuss ways organisations can market themselves more effectively to become leaders in their field.
He says: “A highly valued reputation allows an organisation to stand out from the crowd, comprising what millionaire philanthropist Warren Buffett calls a ‘competitive moat’ in its market.
You may also want to watch:
“There is compelling data to suggest that the organisation that owns a reputation for trust dominates its marketplace. A trusted reputation for high-quality programmes, products, and services is critical to creating a unique and sustainable competitive advantage.”
The seminar will focus on how to build that kind of trust and trustworthiness, and how to turn that into a trusted reputation and brand.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 8 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 10 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
Tickets cost £130. For details, visit http://quality-square.co.uk/1stoctober2013/ .