Colchester Institute launches CI Business Solutions as ‘one-stop shop’ for skills and training needs
- Credit: Archant
Colchester Institute has launched a new service for local businesses, to help meet skils training and development needs across wide range of industry sectors.
CI Business Solutions offers not only apprenticeships, of which Colchester Institute is one of the largest provides in the region, but also short courses and professional workshops, bespoke training programmes, compliance training, consultancy, work experience placements and funding support.
It will draw on the college’s depth of industry skills training knowledge and experience, represented by its 500-strong qualified teaching workforce, with some programmes being co-delivered with other providers.
Alison Andreas, chief executive of Colchester Institute, said: “As members of the Haven Gateway Partnership we are we are acutely aware of the opportunities for further economic growth in Colchester and North Essex.
“We have seen a tangible increase in the demand for construction skills training in particular over the past 12 months and this unit, led by Jackie Davies, will be better placed to work in partnership with businesses across all sectors to take advantage of those future opportunities.”
Jackie Davies, head of business development at the college, added: “It’s such an exciting time for our employer focused department. The college has a proud history of providing technical skills to support local business.
“CI Business Solutions will provide a one-stop shop which will look after business needs from training and development to work experience and apprenticeships. We’re looking forward to be able to offer a complete service all under one roof.”
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 5 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 6 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 7 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 8 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 9 Burns signs new deal after stunning debut season at Town
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
Kate Lund, human resources and learning development partner at Outlook Care, which has a long-standing working relationship with Colchester Institute, said the creation of CI Business Solutions would be “extremely helpful”.
“We have worked with Colchester Institute over a number of years to provide training for our managers and staff,” she said.
“We are now involved in a variety of projects with different departments, such as recruiting apprentices, accepting students on work experience placements and arranging QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) qualifications for staff.
“It will be extremely helpful to have all of our different projects managed through our account manager at CI Business Solutions as we can plan and develop our learning and development projects in a holistic way.”