Colchester: Larking Gowen agrees merger with medical accountancy specialist Hubbard Lloyd
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia accountancy firm Larking Gowen has expanded further through a merger with Colchester-based medical accountancy specialist Hubbard Lloyd.
The addition of the Hubbard Lloyd team will leave Larking Gowen with a total of 22 partners and more than 300 employees, located at nine offices across Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
Managing partner Jon Woolston said: “There is great synergy between the Hubbard Lloyd practice and Larking Gowen, which means we strengthen our capability to deliver a specialist service to the medical sector.
“The merger also increases the size of our team in Colchester and expands our reach further into south Essex. That was one of my aims when I became managing partner back in January 2013 and it’s great to be able to deliver on that.”
David Hubbard and Elizabeth Lloyd, who founded Hubbard Lloyd in 2005, will now head the Colchester office, working closely with existing manager Janice Dixon and Larking Gowen’s existing medical team, led by David Jefford in Norwich.
“Larking Gowen has a strong reputation with medical consultants already and this merger will work to enhance that, plus there are benefits to be had from economies of scale and the sharing of expertise,” said Mr Jefford.
The Larking Gowen Colchester team, previously based on the High Street, will relocate to Hubbard Lloyd’s offices on the Colchester Business Park, which will now accommodate more than 25 staff under the Larking Gowen name.
- 1 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 2 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 6 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 7 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 8 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 9 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 10 'I keep selling out' - Mum-of-two dreams of fudge shop as business thrives
The Hubbard Lloyd name will be retained for specialist medical work, but outward signs of the merger will include a revamped logo sporting Larking Gowen’s corporate colour of purple.
Hubbard Lloyd is thought to be the largest specialist medical accountancy firm in East Anglia with more than 1,000 clients and a turnover of £1million.
The merger pushes Larking Gowen’s predicted turnover for the current financial year to £15m, up from £13.6m last year, and increases its client base to more than 13,000 organisations and individuals across the region.