Colchester: Law firm and university to stage ‘Essex Sporting Challenge’
ESSEX-based law firm Fisher Jones Greenwood LLP getting into the Olympic spirit by teaming up with the University of Essex to host the inaugural Essex Sporting Challenge.
The challenge is being held at the university’s Wivenhoe Park campus on the afternoon of July 6 and is open to everyone, whether as an individual or a business entering a group of participants.
With mini-games such as frisbee-discus and a table tennis relay filling the afternoon, it will be an opportunity for organisations to network and enjoy the activities simultaneously.
The challenge is one of the first major events where all the proceeds raised will be going to the FJG Charitable Trust. The trust has been set up with the prime objective of providing support to small, locally based charities and worthy causes.
Tara Lee, marketing manager at FJG, said: “It is extremely exciting to be putting on this event which should provide a fun and incredibly useful networking opportunity for all involved. With the Olympic torch relay moving from Ipswich to Chelmsford on the same day as the Sporting Challenge, this will be a day of true excitement for Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
Linette Edonya, enterprise support officer at the University of Essex, added: “We are proud to be hosting such a wonderful event and alongside the challenge of the sports itself, the opportunity for business networking in a relaxed and friendly environment will be second to none.
“Raising money for the FJG Charitable Trust also means that we will see all the proceeds being used to help and improve the local community”.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
For more information about the Sporting Challenge please contact Matt Cann or Tara Lee at Fisher Jones Greenwood, or visit www.fjg.co.uk .