Colchester: Major funding boost for small businesses
THE University of Essex is to receive a £2.4million to help stimulate business growth.
The South East Local Enterprise Partnership (SELEP) is investing the cash to fund the development of new office units for small and medium businesses at the university’s Colchester campus.
The money will be used to support the first phase of the Parkside Office Village scheme on the University’s 42 acre Knowledge Gateway site, while around 125 new jobs could also be created.
SELEP Chairman, John Spence, said: “One of our key priorities is to create an environment where businesses of all sizes can grow and flourish and which enable us achieve our overall goal of creating the most enterprising economy in England.
“Schemes like this in Colchester, along with the other projects we are funding across the SELEP area, help us achieve this.”
You may also want to watch:
University Registrar Bryn Morris said: “We are delighted to be working with the SELEP to support its drive for economic growth. We are one of the UK’s top ten universities for research quality and the Parkside Office Village scheme will enable us to further develop our links with business to stimulate innovation and support sustainable growth.
“The availability of this new business space at our Colchester Campus will be a valuable extension to the facilities we offer.”
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex