Colchester’s North Hill Hotel completes expansion
- Credit: Archant
A boutique hotel in the heart of Colchester has finished a six-figure sum extension with the help of backing from a high street bank.
The North Hill Hotel, set up six years ago by owner Rob Brown, features 24 rooms as well as a 100-cover restaurant, The Green Room Bistro.
The hotel, which is situated on North Hill and employs 50 staff, has now bought and renovated an adjacent building to create a further seven en-suite bedrooms.
Part of the redevelopment included bringing back to life an original Hall House dating from the 15th Century. After being idle for many years and becoming almost completely derelict, it has been renovated to expand the restaurant and create a new function room, as well as four guest bedrooms.
The extension was made possible through a substantial loan from NatWest.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brown, who also runs the Warehouse grill restaurant in Colchester, said: “This is a real celebration for us as we complete this major building project.
“As an independent business, and as a local employer, it is important that we invest in our future – we are very much here to stay.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
Ian Monaghan, senior relationship manager and leisure specialist for NatWest, said: “We are proud to support Rob and the North Hill team through this exciting period of growth.
“This period of growth will further strengthen the company’s position in the Colchester leisure scene.”
Mr Brown added: “Ian and the wider NatWest team have been so supportive of us and gaining finance for this latest development was made very simple.”