Colchester training management firm Helmsman secures three-year contract with Regard Group
- Credit: Archant
Colchester-based outsourced training management company Helmsman Services has secured a further three-year contract with the Regard Group to manage its learning and staff development functions.
The Regard Group employs around 2,200 staff at 150 sites across the UK, providing care and support to people with learning difficulties, mental health needs and acquired brain injuries.
The new contract follows on from an initial two-year agreement which included creating a “menu” of training and a framework of providers that would minimise training costs.
It also included responsibility for keeping the group’s National Minimum Data Set database up-to-date, managing NVQs (now QCFs) and maximising training grant claims. These terms will remain the same under the new contract.
Sandie Foxall-Smith, chiev executive at the Regard Group, said: “Last year, Helmsman helped us claim £30,000 worth of funding back from QCFs, increased our training compliance and helped us make sense of new guidelines when they emerged.
You may also want to watch:
“They were also on board during our recent integration with another care provider, ACH, which extended the number of care homes we operate and significantly increased our staffing levels, resulting in additional training requirements and database support.
“We have always been very happy with the service Helmsman provides and with our company growing we felt that they were the best organisation to take us forward.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 5 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 6 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
- 7 Another former Town player completes Colchester move
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 10 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
Tony Willson, managing director of Helmsman Services, said “In renewing their contract, and for three years, Regard have acknowledged the support that we give them and the financial advantages of outsourcing their training function.
“We work with the company very closely across the country and try to create a feeling of being an internal service, working for the benefit of all of their employees.
“This is the same approach that we adopt with our other clients and it means that they can hand over all of the administration and management, knowing that it is in capable hands.”