Construction consultancy celebrates strong start to year as business grows
- Credit: David Shipton
An Essex property and construction consultancy is celebrating the opening of new office space as the business grows.
Colchester-based Ingleton Wood has had a strong start to the new financial year, growing its existing team and expanding into new offices.
The practice is also celebrating reaching 86th in Building magazine’s list of the top 150 consultants in the UK.
The new offices are an extension of its current premises on Colchester Business Park. New members of staff have also been added to strengthen the health and safety side of the business and grow the planning department.
Partner David Cresswell said: “We’re delighted to be able to announce this significant investment. The Colchester office is central to our whole operation and the business park is a great location.
You may also want to watch:
“The move means that we are now well set for several years to come and that we have the capacity to expand and diversify our team so that we can continue to provide current and new clients with the very best service.”
Despite continued uncertainty around Brexit and some gloomy economic forecasts, last year was very positive for the practice, he said.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“We’re particularly pleased to have been recognised as one of the leading property and construction consultancies in the UK – it’s testament to the hard work of all our staff and we’re expecting 2018 to be just as positive. In Colchester alone, we continue to work for healthcare, education and commercial clients and have had recent successes in securing public sector work through the Crown Commercial Framework.
“Development of property portfolios by key landowners such as the hospital, University of Essex, Colchester Garrison and Colchester Institute benefit the town in terms of aesthetics, employment and business, but also mean there’s plenty of opportunity for future growth.
“The key is for that growth to be sustainable, resulting in a town which continues to be a great place to live, work and bring up a family.”
The firm, which is more than 50 years old, now has six offices across the East of England and London, employing nearly 200 staff.
Commissions ranging from new build and refurbishment projects to master planning and survey work.