Construction firm hopes to light up Woodbridge while raising funds for children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A construction company is set to transform a Suffolk town into a winter wonderland this Christmas in an effort to make dreams come true.
Samuel David Construction has pledged to provide real Christmas trees to every business and home in Woodbridge – donating the profits to Ray of Sunshine, a charity that grants wishes to children with serious or life-limiting illnesses.
Business owner Samuel Shutlar said each tree would be strung with lights, delivered and hung above shop fronts and doorways along the Thoroughfare, Church Street, Market Hill and New Street by his team for £49 a tree.
“If everyone participates, Woodbridge will look absolutely beautiful in the lead up to Christmas,” he said. “But more importantly we will collectively be making dreams come true for some very sick children.”
The plan already has the support of Choose Woodbridge, the business and tourism association for the town, with a number of members signed up.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman James Lightfoot said: “Woodbridge is a town with a thriving community which loves to come together to celebrate Christmas in style. This is just another example of how our members will put smiles on faces and bring joy, laughter and delight to many.”
The Christmas Tree programme was launched by Town Mayor, Councillor Clare Perkins at Barretts of Woodbridge. The Mayor has arranged for a large tree to be placed between Barretts and Café Nero on the Thoroughfare.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 4 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 5 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 8 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 9 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 10 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex