Contest is launched to find top start-up talent
A TOP up-and-coming entrepreneur from East Anglia is in line for a prize package worth �50,000 with a group of businesses from across the region again teaming up to run THE ONE, a contest for start-up businesses.
The competition was held for the first time last year, with winner Edward Halls, chef patron of the Rose & Crown pub restaurant at Great Horkesley, near Colchester, joining sponsors on the panel of judges for this year’s contest.
THE ONE is the brainchild of PR agency Voice Communications and brand and creative firm Zeal Design, and is being run through the East Anglian Daily Times in conjunction with a number of other successful local businesses.
The winner will receive a package including PR consultancy and implementation from Voice to the value of �10,000, design consultancy and creative services from Zeal to the value of �10,000 and advertising in the EADT to the value of �10,000.
Also included in the package are business consultancy from Simon May to the value of �5,000, search engine optimisation services from Climbing Trees Online Marketing to the value of �5,000, legal support from Ellisons Solicitors to the value of �3,500, accountancy advice and annual returns from LB Group to the value of �3,000, leadership and management coaching from Faith Performance to the value of �2,000, and call answering services from MyRuby to the value of �1,500.
You may also want to watch:
Edward Halls said: “Being crowned THE ONE and winning �50,000 worth of business support has been incredible. The services have been invaluable and have allowed me to free up much more of my time to concentrate on running my business and cooking. I would urge any budding entrepreneurs or young companies to enter, as it really is an extraordinary prize.”
Nichola Cain, managing director of Voice Communications, said: “We’ve had a brilliant year working with Edward Halls, and the competition offers a fantastic opportunity for us to help another entrepreneur raise their profile through the power of PR.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
Paul Dymond of Zeal Design added: “The calibre of all the entries last year was very high and it’s been really rewarding to work with last year’s winner, Edward Halls. We await this year’s entries with much anticipation and excitement.”
To register for an entry form, email firstname.lastname@example.org . Forms must be completed by Friday 21 October 2011.
Entrants will be required to provide a description of their achievements together with ideas about how they would use the prize. Finalists will be invited to give a 45 minute presentation to the judges, with the winner being announced in November.