Contractor earns safety accreditation
ESSEX-based Phelan Construction is one of the latest group of companies to join a scheme designed to help industry improve its safety record. The Clacton-on-Sea firm has received accreditation from SAFEcontractor, a programme which recognises very high standards of health and safety practice amongst UK contractors.
ESSEX-based Phelan Construction is one of the latest group of companies to join a scheme designed to help industry improve its safety record.
The Clacton-on-Sea firm has received accreditation from SAFEcontractor, a programme which recognises very high standards of health and safety practice amongst UK contractors.
Organisations which sign up to the SAFEcontractor scheme agree that they will only engage contractors which have received accreditation.
Phelan Construction undertakes construction, refurbishment and fit-out projects for commercial clients of varying sizes from a wide range of business sectors including healthcare, leisure and hotels, local government, commercial, industrial and residential.
You may also want to watch:
Director Keiran O'Phelan said: “We applied for the SAFEcontractor accreditation as we wanted to have a uniform standard across our business to protect our workers as well as to demonstrate to our clients how seriously we take the topic of health and safety. We underwent a stringent vetting process during which assessors examined both our procedures and our track record.”
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 7 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies