Copdock: New owners take control of Copdock hotel
The Hotel Elizabeth Copdock now has new owners.
Specialist agents Colliers International has announced the sale of the well-known hotel, which had been in administration, to new owners Steve and Jane Denton, from Cheshire.
The hotel, which was trading whilst in administration, was on the market with an asking price of �2 million to �2.5 million, though the sale price was not been disclosed.
This is the tenth of the 11 Elizabeth hotels placed on the market for KPMG last year by Colliers.
The new owners are experienced business people, though this is their first venture into the hotel business.
You may also want to watch:
The husband and wife team took over on Friday and are re-naming the hotel The Cameo Hotel Copdock.
Steve Denton said: “It is a very exciting time for us.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 4 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 8 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 9 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
“We have been in business since 1984 though this is our first hotel venture.
“We ran a boatyard for 16 years and then a care home, in Cheshire, for seven years.
“Now we will be concentrating on this business. We looked in all parts of the country to find the right hotel and this was the best one.
“It needs investment and we will be putting it in.
“We want it to be good again.”
New signs would be going up outside.
“We wanted a name that people would find easy to remember, and to spell,” he added.
The hotel has 76 letting bedrooms and substantial public areas, bars and restaurants, and the Elizabeth Suite, a self-contained ballroom and banqueting area for up to 300 guests.
There is also a former leisure area which includes a swimming pool.
Jane Denton added: “We wanted a change of direction.
“We will not be closing down but improving it gradually and are open for business.
“We ran a boatyard for many years, building narrow boats, We are quite practical, and used to hard work.”
“It is our intention to undertake a refurbishment programme with a view to returning the hotel to its former glory.
“This is an exciting project we are looking forward to.
“We believe the hotel will return to its rightful place as one of the pre-eminent hotels i nthe Ipswich area.
“We took over on Friday and on Saturday there was a very successful soul night. We will continue with those and other events too.”