Council backs business exhibition
SUFFOLK County Council has agreed to become a main sponsor of a Suffolk business exhibition in April. The Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association's (ISSBA) Suffolk Business takes place on April 29 at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
SUFFOLK County Council has agreed to become a main sponsor of a Suffolk business exhibition in April.
The Ipswich & Suffolk Small Business Association's (ISSBA) Suffolk Business takes place on April 29 at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
The annual event has been an important date in the business calendar for more than 10 years. For the first time, ISSBA is joining forces with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce to stage the event.
Chair of ISSBA, Kim Brown, said that sales of stands were well ahead of projections.
You may also want to watch:
“We've got a terrific line up of speakers and seminars as well as a number of very valuable workshop sessions lined up. Once again, it's going to be a terrific event. The involvement of Suffolk County Council is the icing on the cake,” she said.
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, also welcomed the county council's support.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
“We work closely with Suffolk County Council and it is great that they have shown their support for what is, in effect, a showcase for the best and most enterprising of Suffolk's businesses,” he said.
Leader of Suffolk County Council Jeremy Pembroke said: “We are delighted to be able to provide support for local businesses by sponsoring the biggest trade fair in the county. During these difficult economic times, every possible means of promoting local businesses is vital to both protecting and developing our local economy. I have no doubt that this year's event will be the best yet and will provide a much needed focus on a whole range of local businesses.”
Other sponsors of the exhibition include: Archant, BBC Suffolk, Scrutton Bland, Jackaman Smith & Mulley, Business Link, Ipswich Borough Council, CJV Digital, Dummett Copp, LloydsTSB and React Computer Partnership.
The event, which includes a range of seminars and advice sessions, is being organised by Boleyn Events. For more information about the exhibition, see www.issba.co.uk or www.suffolkchamber.co.uk