County council-owned facilities firm moves home and gets re-brand
- Credit: Su Anderson
A facilities management business owned by Suffolk County Council is moving home and undergoing a re-brand.
Wholly-owned subsidiary Eastern Facilities Management Solutions Ltd (EFMS), which is based at Saxon House on Ipswich’s Hadleigh Road Industrial Estate, is moving to newer and larger premises at Beacon House, Landmark Business Park, and from today, the business will be known as Vertas.
Its new home lies next to Landmark House where it currently operates services for county council and police staff.
Over the last few months, the firm has undergone major changes to enable it to grow and support its clients, which includes Suffolk County Council and more than 300 schools in the region.
It has also launched a new website to help the business stand out as a “leading” facilities management provider.
You may also want to watch:
Group managing director Ian Surtees said: “Since the executive team and I joined the company towards the end of last year a great deal of work has been carried out to improve business processes and create a company that its staff, clients and stakeholders can be proud of.
“It is our collective passion to put the customer at the heart of everything we do and we felt strongly that in order to accomplish our goals as a commercially driven company we needed to revamp and reenergise what we currently had in operation, allowing for business improvement, future growth and subsequent creation of good local jobs.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 7 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 10 Wanted man arrested in Suffolk village
“I am delighted with all that has been accomplished and I am proud of the support and hard work of those internally and externally who have made this transition a success.”
EFMS was formed from the council’s traded services arm in 2011, as part of a divestment programme.