County show may be over for another year but Essex Young Farmers keep busy
- Credit: Archant
After all the excitement of the Essex Young Farmers Show back in May, June has been a more relaxed month before harvest starts – but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy.
Many of our members turned out on June 8 to volunteer at the Essex Schools Food & Farming Day, held to help educate children on food sourcing and rural life, writes Beth Speakman.
Well done to those who gave up their time to help out.
Ashdon & Saffron Walden hosted their charity clay shoot for Riding for the Disabled and East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH).
The day was thoroughly enjoyed by members and subscribers. Well done everyone.
Members from surrounding counties recently joined Esssex Young Famers for competitions to decide who progresses to the national competitions.
In typical YF style, the weekend also included a party on the Friday night! Well done to the Ashdon & Saffron Walden girls and the Halstead boys for winning the pull.
- 1 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 6 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 7 Two incidents of indecent exposure within 20 minutes in Suffolk village
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Swans prepare 'six-figure bid' for Fraser
- 9 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 10 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
Halstead also hosted their Mr Essex party, with an Arabian Nights theme, including a barn filled with sand and the appointment of this year’s “Mr Essex”.
Well done to Halstead for putting on another great party.
Lastly, we have held a county bed and bath race with entrants making their vehicles themselves with prizes for speed and appearance.
The entire evening turned out to be successful and very unusual.
As harvest approaches we still have plenty to keep us busy including the annual “Wix Free Booze” party on July 9.
There will also be the appointment of the new committee as Jordan Shynn takes over as county chair of Essex Young Farmers for the coming year.
Congratulations to her!