Creeting St Peter precast concrete firm Poundfield Products celebrates 10th anniversary of retaining wall project at Port of Ipswich
- Credit: Paul Nixon
A pre-cast concrete firm is celebrating the 10th anniversary of a major project at the Port of Ipswich.
Poundfield Products, based at Creeting St Peter, near Stowmarket, delivery and installed more than 400 concrete units to create 4.5m high retaining walls used to hold a range of products shipped through the port, including wheat, barley, aggregates and animal feeds.
Poundfield commercial director Matt Mosssaid “I’m proud that our concrete units have played a part in ensuring that the through flow of goods is as hassle-free and as effective as possible.”
The port’s head of operations Andy Constable said: “It is fantastic to see ABP and Poundfield Products working together to provide storage solutions that aid not just our business but also that of our customers.”
The Port of Ipswich, which is the UK’s leading export port for agricultural products, invested £5.4m last year into upgrading its equipment and facilities.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Moss said: “We have a great long-term relationship with ABP Port of Ipswich and are both delighted that our walls, as expected, still stand the test of time, but also that we are working with them to make a direct contribution to the region and nation’s exporting efforts”
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 5 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 6 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 7 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 8 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 9 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer