Cross Country Carriers to benefit from expanded Palletways network
- Credit: Archant
Logistics company Cross Country Carriers, based at Saxham, near Bury St Edmunds, is extending its international reach to offer a full range of distribution services to Bulgaria and Romania.
The expanded network is a result of the firm’s membership of Palletways, Europe’s largest express palletised freight network, and means it now offers deliveries to 20 European countries also including Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Spain, Slovakia and the UK.
Neil Richardson, depot principal at Cross Country Carriers, said: “The addition of Romania and Bulgaria to the network is excellent news for both Palletways and Cross Country Carriers and will open up new market opportunities, which will benefit us and our customers.”
Luis Zubialde, managing director for Palletways (UK) Ltd, added: “Our expansion into the Black Sea countries means we can now deliver to more European destinations than any other pallet network and it reinforces our position as the pallet network of natural choice.
“The new service will be supported by our pan-European IT platform and central customer service operation in Madrid to ensure we provide the best customer experience.”
You may also want to watch:
The pan-European Palletways network consists of 400 depots, including more than 100 in the UK, and handles more than 30,000 pallets a day.
It has also recently added Poland and the Baltic states to its operations and is looking to further develop its geographical footprint in Hungary, Switzerland and the Nordic countries.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 9 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away