Cycling duo from Tiptree-based Perrywood Garden Centre raise £5,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Josh Eames and Ryan Scillitoe from Perrywood Garden Centre and Nurseries in Tiptree have raised more than £5,000 for charity through a 1,000 mile cycle challenge.
They have taken part in six cycling events this year, including Spring Saddle Newmarket, the Norwich100, RideLondon, Newcastle to London in 24 hrs, the St Helena Hospice cycle ride and the St Helena Hospice 3-2-1.
Their own fundraising generated £2,633 and Perrywood had doubled this sum. The St Helena Hospice 3-2-1 cycle appeal, which took them from Colchester to Burssels via Amsterdam, will receive £3,600, with the remainder to be split between Headway Essex and Wipe Away Those Tears.
Including training, Josh and Ryan have clocked up between them more than 340 hours on the saddle, travelled more than 5,000 miles and climbed over 143,000 feet.
Besides the cycling challenges, they have organised other events at Perrywood to raise money including two in-store cycling days, a quiz night and a Eurovision night.
You may also want to watch:
Communications manager Hannah Powell said: “Josh and Ryan took on a huge challenge at the beginning of the year and should be really proud of their efforts. I’ve seen the physical and mental effort they have put into raising this money – match funding the money they raised was easy in comparison!”
Fliss Strode, events manager at St Helena Hospice, added: “Josh and Ryan have gone all out to raise a staggering amount of money.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
“They really are an inspiration, and we couldn’t do what we do without people like them. On behalf of everyone at St Helena Hospice I would like to thank Josh and Ryan for their amazing achievements, and Perrywood for doubling the money raised and providing continuous support for the hospice this year.”