Dan Everitt of Ipswich-based MSC UK honoured at FTA Multimodal Awards
- Credit: Archant
Dan Everitt, managing director at the Mediterranean Shipping Company’s UK headquarters in Ipswich, has been named Multimodal Personality of the Year at a leading industry awards ceremony.
Mr Everitt, who has been been at the helm of MSC UK for eight years, having joined the company as an office junior in 1984, picked up the honour at the Freight Transport Association (FTA) Multimodal Awards.
Robert Jarvis, director of the annual Multimodal event, of which the awards ceremony forms part, told the audience of more than 600 industry leaders: “Everitt’s vision for the future of MSC is the continued promotion of a professional and dynamic organisation that places its staff and customers at the heart of its business.”
“As well as his obvious professional success, he is a thoroughly decent bloke who truly deserves this award.”
Mr Everitt, who was born and raised in Ipswich, said: “I feel enormously privileged to have been awarded this title at the Multimodal Awards. It’s a huge honour. People really are at the heart of our business in every sense. MSC is, and always has been, a place where you can learn, grow, and develop in a friendly and spirited way.”
You may also want to watch:
Another Suffolk winner at the awards ceremony was logistics group Maritime Transport, based in Felixstowe, which received the Road Freight Operator of the Year title.
Maritime has grown over the last 15 year into one of the UK’s largest privately-owned multi-modal transport business and now operates from a network of 25 sites around the country, with its services including warehousing, railports, container storage and repair and freight management, as well as container and curtain-sided road transport.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
Other winners included Freightliner, Rail Freight Operator of the Year, IAG Cargo, Air Cargo Operator of the Year, and Agility, Freight Forwarder of the Year.
MSC UK and Maritime are both members of the EADT/EDP Top 100 listing of the 100 largest companies in Suffolk and Norfolk.