Danbury: Kelly Turkeys hosts first Easter Fest food celebration since 2010
EASTER Fest is set to returns to Danbury on Good Friday with Kelly Turkeys hosting the local food bonanza for the first time since 2010.
The event began as an Easter prelude with Kelly Turkeys providing a range of turkey products for visitors to sample and a display of chicks hatching.
This year the event at Springate Farm, Bicknacre, will provide a local producers’ market including Jules & Sharpie, St Peter’s Brewery, Suffolk Farmhouse Cheeses, Jimmy’s Farm KellyBronze turkeys, KellyBronze beef and Layer Marney lamb.
Paul Kelly who holds the title of the world’s fastest carver in the Guinness Book of Records, will be demonstrating his own way of carving a turkey.
He will also be cooking various dishes for sampling.
You may also want to watch:
“We haven’t been able to organise the event for the last two years owing to the timing of Easter and the redevelopment of our hatchery,” said Kelly Turkeys sales and marketing manager Philip Regan.
“The Easter Fest is a popular family event, attracting 500 to 1000 people with the opportunity to taste new products, obtain some treats for the bank holiday and stock the freezer with good value bulk buys.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 7 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 10 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury