Danbury: Kelly Turkeys wins award for ‘Keen welfare and sustainability policy’
DANBURY-based Kelly Turkeys has scooped an accolade for its health and welfare standards.
The Essex premium turkey producer won the award at the 2012 Pig & Poultry Marketing Awards presented at the London Haymarket Hotel.
Leading suppliers to the premium traditional Christmas market, Kelly Turkeys were highly commended as runners-up for the Health & Welfare Award.
The judges were very impressed with the Kelly Turkeys’ approach.
“The staggering success of the brand is not only a testament to the management and marketing of the organisation, but the fact that it is driven by such a keen welfare and sustainability policy which underpins the whole saleability and excellent image portrayed by the business,” they said.
You may also want to watch:
The presentation was made by Andy Black, managing director of Springetts Brand Design Consultants, in the company of Farming Minister James Paice.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash