THE Marquis of Cornwallis pub at Upper Layham, near Hadleigh, has appointed Polish chef Dariusz Stolarek to take over in the kitchen.Mr Stolarek has been working in the UK for two years, most recently at a pub in Shrimpling.
THE Marquis of Cornwallis pub at Upper Layham, near Hadleigh, has appointed Polish chef Dariusz Stolarek to take over in the kitchen.
Mr Stolarek has been working in the UK for two years, most recently at a pub in Shrimpling.
He has a wealth of experience in his native Poland, where he was head chef of an international restaurant.
Originally from Czarne, just under 200 miles north west of Warsaw, he will be bringing Polish and international influences to the menu at the Marquis, but says he is excited by the quality of ingredients available locally in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
“I love the Suffolk countryside and the range of food grown and produced here is fantastic,” he said.
“Already I have been using local asparagus, strawberries and cherries, and I'm looking forward to creating menus which reflect the seasons throughout the year.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
Marquis landlord Alan Sayers said the appointment reflected their ambition to build a reputation for food at the pub.
“We are very lucky to have secured Dariusz as head chef,” he said.
“We are determined to put the Marquis on the map as one of the best gastropubs, not just in Suffolk but in the country. Obviously, the chef is central to that, and from the reaction of customers to the new menu since Dariusz arrived, I am confident we will get where we want to be.”