‘We are all very proud’ - Ipswich chef named best in country
- Credit: Archant
The chef behind one of Suffolk’s most celebrated restaurants has been honoured with another award.
Dave Wall of The Unruly Pig, in Bromeswell near Woodbridge, won the Pub Restaurant Chef Award at the Craft Guild of Chefs Awards 2019.
This is the second year Mr Wall has been shortlisted for the prestigious award and he fought off tough competition to earn the accolade.
"I'm absolutely thrilled and honoured to have won the pub restaurant chef award", said Mr Wall.
"In all honesty I didn't think I had a chance up against the brilliant competition in Rob Taylor from the Compasses Inn and Leigh Evans from the Methuen Arms, so I am blown away to have joined a very esteemed list of winners for the award."
You may also want to watch:
Former winners of the award include celebrity chef Tom Kerridge and other Michelin starred chefs.
Brendan Padfield, owner of The Unruly Pig, added: "Dave's an absolute star, he is an outstanding chef and we are all very proud.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 7 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 10 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
"It's a great accolade for the whole team."
Mr Wall grew up in Ipswich and trained in London under Gordon Ramsay at Claridges and The Boxwood Café.
He became head chef at The Unruly Pig in 2015.