Demand for farmers’ banner is on the rise
- Credit: Archant
The National Farmers’ Union (NFU) says it has seen an unprecedented demand for its banner promoting British produce.
It is printing more after than 300 farmers signed up for one in just one month.
NFU President Meurig Raymond said they had improved the visibility of members’ farms.
“The food flag design we created on the ‘Proud to Produce’ banner is an out-and-out celebration of all of the wholesome food that British farmers and growers produce each and every day,” he said.
“We are so proud that members from across the country are displaying their banners on their farms. Located on prime sites, farmers are using the banners to grab consumers attention with thousands of people a day seeing our #BackBritishFarming message.”
You may also want to watch:
The NFU said it had seen a rise of almost 20% in the number of farmers ordering the banner this year.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car