A NEW manager has taken over the helm at a well-loved Colchester hotel.Denise Earle, who was recently appointed general manager at The George Hotel, aims to put the premises at the forefront when it comes to good, old-fashioned customer service.
A NEW manager has taken over the helm at a well-loved Colchester hotel.
Denise Earle, who was recently appointed general manager at The George Hotel, aims to put the premises at the forefront when it comes to good, old-fashioned customer service.
“Everyone I speak to has such a fondness for the George. It's been an integral part of the town centre scene for hundreds of years,” she said.
“I intend making it my mission to restore the hotel to its former glory as the venue in town for the very best in customer service and customer satisfaction. I've always been a front of house type manager and I will be focusing strongly in the coming weeks and months on interacting with customers and staff to ensure the proper standards are observed and enjoyed.”
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Earle, who lives in Braintree with her husband of two months, Richard, has been in the hospitality industry for the past 22 years and was formerly general manager at the Elizabeth Orwell Hotel in Felixstowe.
One of her first roles has been to oversee the re-introduction of the carvery, which was synonymous with the George for many years until it was dispensed with 12 years ago. Initially, the service will be offered on Friday evenings and Sunday lunchtimes.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth