Did you take the family to Euston Rural Pastimes?
- Credit: Archant
An annual event that celebrates rural life has been hailed a success.
Euston Rural Pastimes, which has been going since 1991, was well attended and it is hoped it will have raised a generous amount for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
Chairman Chris Fogden said: “It was brilliant. A lot of people were around the ring watching the Kangaroo Kid [stunt quad bike rider]. I think attendance is up on last year. We are talking in terms of gate money up in thousands of pounds.”
The event, in the grounds of Euston Hall in west Suffolk, offers variety for all the family, Mr Fogden said, adding there is a focus on the countryside.
There was a heavy horse show, a well-attended young handler class, rural crafts, classic tractors and more than 400 vintage and classic cars on display, to name a few.
You may also want to watch:
“There were a lot of things for children to do as well,” Mr Fogden said.
Many volunteers helped make the event happen.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 6 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine