Dispelling some of the digital myths for business
- Credit: Archant
Free digital training with SIMS
The digital world, and online marketing, doesn’t have to be a mystery for Ipswich people in business.
SIMS, the monthly meetup group offering free digital training to Suffolk businesses, has announced its line-up of speakers for January who will be discussing Wordpress, a system used by many local businesses to manage their websites.
Sponsored by Ipswich Borough Council, UCS and Atrium Studios and organised by the digital marketing team at Measured Brilliance, SIMS is an opportunity for small businesses to learn about digital marketing from expert speakers.
SIMS organiser Sam Parnell said:“Our first speaker is Andy Proctor. He will be explaining the “How’s and Why’s” of Wordpress websites along with a few tips and advice to go along with it.
“The well known website platform can be hard to navigate for novices and our expert is available to answer
- 1 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 3 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 4 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 5 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 6 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 7 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
- 10 Man allegedly four times the drink drive limit in Stowmarket
“We also have Angie Vale from Purple Baby Hippo will be explaining how web accessibility can improve your business. Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can use the Web. More specifically, Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can
perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web, and that they can contribute to
“We will also be announcing our competition Be Brilliant in 2016. This competition is one one lucky business will win £1,000 of digital services to help their business grow.”
Further details will be available on the night and across social media.
This meet-up is on Tuesday January 26 at 7pm at the University Campus Suffolk, Waterfront Building.
You don’t need to register, although interest people should join up for the mailing list to get up-to-date information.
For more details and dates, you can visit the website at
www.simsdigitalskills.co.uk or you call 0776 585 2887.