Diss-based marketing firm ceases trading leading to more than 70 jobs
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Diss-based marketing firm has ceased trading leading to the loss of more than 70 jobs.
Diss Promotional Services, which has been based in the town for more than 35 years, has closed its doors as it said it was in a financially unsustainable position.
A statement from Diss Promotional Services, which was based at Owen Road, said: “We are very sad to announce the closure of Diss Promotional Services Limited, a company which has been operating out of Diss in Norfolk, under a variety of names and owners, for over 35 years.
“A few difficult years in increasingly adverse trading conditions, followed by a major client loss in 2013, has resulted in a financially unsustainable position.
“Our main priority has been our incredibly loyal staff, all of whom have performed extremely professionally right through to the point of closure to ensure that all clients’ work has been completed.
“Bury St Edmunds Job Centre and other local authorities have provided us with outstanding support and, as a result, many of our staff have already found alternative employment and many others are enrolled on government retraining schemes to start next week.
“We would like to thank our extremely loyal and long-serving team here in Diss as well as our clients, who have remained caring and supportive through these difficult times.”
- 1 Double-decker bus bought on eBay becomes new home for evicted Suffolk family
- 2 Revealed: The most isolated villages in Suffolk
- 3 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 4 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 7 One of north Suffolk's 'most productive' arable farms up for sale
- 8 Ambitious plans to regenerate 'dilapidated' part of Suffolk town revealed
- 9 New owners of west Suffolk sandwich shop promise 'food full of passion'
- 10 The Range secures huge logistics hub at new A14 business park
South Norfolk Council has expressed its support to those who are affected by the closure of Diss Promotional Services.
John Fuller, council leader, said: “We are concerned at the news of the job losses and have offered our support to help those affected.
“We can offer advice on finding a new job, housing concerns, re-training, starting a new business and what benefits can be claimed. We want residents to know that there is help available.”
“We are also working with Job Centre Plus to support employees immediately to offer advice, information and practical help.”
“As a special measure we are also providing a payment holiday on Council Tax to those affected until redundancy payments are made.
“I am confident that those affected by the redundancies will be able to secure other work locally.”
?If you have been affected by redundancy, South Norfolk Council can help with advice and support. Call 01508 533633 or visit www.south-norfolk.gov.uk/redundancy for more information.