Double gold for Greene King
GREENE King has won two gold medals in the international Monde Quality Awards for 2009. I
GREENE King has won two gold medals in the international Monde Quality Awards for 2009.
Its well-established favourite Old Speckled Hen took top honours in the malted beer category while recently-introduced “nest mate” Old Crafty Hen - a blend of Old Speckled Hen with Greene King's oaked strong ale Old 5X - claimed gold in the sector for special or regional beers.
Brewers from more than 70 countries took part in the awards which were judged by an international judging panel and announced at a ceremony in Venice.
Justin Adams, managing director of Greene King's Bury St Edmunds-based brewing operation, said: “We already know how much people in Britain and abroad like Old Speckled Hen but these awards provide an added testament to the skills, craft and high standards followed by our talented team of brewers.
You may also want to watch:
“Old Speckled Hen is Britain's number one take home premium ale and the fact that it has won an international quality award proves what a great beer it is. I am also delighted that Old Crafty Hen, which was launched a mere six months ago, has been classed as one of the best beers in the world.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 6 Flooding off the A14 causes emergency road closure in Ipswich
- 7 Person with leg injury after 4-vehicle crash on A140
- 8 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 9 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club