Double success for Bury St Edmunds-based Century Logistics at the UK Warehousing Association Awards
- Credit: Archant
West Suffolk-based Century Logistics has picked up two awards at the UK Warehousing Association (UKWA) annual awards.
Century, which has its headquarters at the Saxham Business Park, near Bury St Edmunds, and four other sites around East Anglian and the East Midlands, won the UKWA Training Award in recognition of a two-year programme which has already seem more than 70% of employees enrolled on recognised courses, with a target of 90% by the end of 2018.
And the company’s operations manager, Jamie Cash, received the UKWA Young Manager of the Year trophy after quickly rising through the ranks and building strong relationships both with his team and with customers.
The awards ceremony, held at London’s Dorchester Hotel, was hosted by businessman and motivational speaker Gerald Ratner.
Century was established in 1997 by Stephen and Ann Basey-Fisher and now employs around 120 staff, serving a mix of national and international companies.
You may also want to watch:
The training programme, led by Ann Basey-Fisher, development director, has seen many staff enrolled on NVQ (National Vocational Qualification) or ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) courses through training provider Poultec.
In addition, Century has provided free English tuition to members of staff likely to benefit, improving staff confidence and integration within the company.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
Stephen Basey-Fisher, managing director of Century, said he was extremely pleased that the company’s commitment to training and staff development had been recognised nationally, especially with the company celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.