Dulux dog to help celebrate official launch of Wickes in Martlesham Heath
- Credit: Archant
He is big and hairy and has starred in countless TV adverts - and on Saturday he is attending one of Suffolk’s newest DIY stores.
The “Dulux dog” will be making an appearance at Wickes’ new store in Martlesham Heath, which is holding its official launch this weekend.
Visitors to the home improvement store between noon and 4pm will have the chance to meet and have their photo taken with the latest old English sheep dog to front Dulux’s advertisement campaigns.
Various “Dulux dogs” have appeared on television for the paint brand since the campaign launched in 1961. The first, Dash, held the role for eight years, followed by Fernville Lord Digby, who became the best known Dulux dog and was driven to the studio in a chauffeur driven car.
During Saturday’s launch, there will also be a new in-store Dulux colour mixing service.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Coastal chairman Chris Blundell is officially launching the store today and customers will be offered 15% off everything all weekend.
Store manager Chris Bennett said: “We’ve designed the store to make it easier to shop for your home improvement project – the layout will help guide you to everything that you need for your project, in one visit.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
“You’ll find inspirational room sets; worktops, appliances, baths and taps on display and our expert design consultants will be on hand to help you plan your dream space.”
“Our store provides the local area with a go-to destination for quality products that offer real value for money and cater for a variety of DIY needs. We’re confident that the new store will provide everyone with the tools, materials and advice they need to complete their project, from those embarking on their first DIY project right through to experienced tradesmen.
“We’re looking forward to welcoming visitors through our doors this weekend and hope that local residents will come and join us for the celebration.”
The Martlesham Heath store features a new kitchen and bathroom design centre with professional design consultants.
The store will also offer an outdoor garden project centre and brands such as Bosch, Makita, Stanley, Karcher and Ronseal.