Houseboat getaway on the River Deben offered up for sale
- Credit: Archant
A 50ft Dutch barge has been put on the market with a freehold price tag of £49,900.
The houseboat, described as being in “excellent condition”, comes with a double cabin, a living room, bathroom and fitted galley.
Riverside mooring is on the River Deben at Ramsholt, near Woodbridge, by agreement and at a cost of £50 a week not including electricity.
MORE – Lambing season springs into action – in spite of coronavirus lockdownAgent Stuart Simpson, of Clarke and Simpson, who is marketing it on behalf of farmer owner Jonathan Simper, said: “It is simply the best place to get away from it all.”
Ramsholt is described as a remote village eight miles from Woodbridge and including the popular Ramsholt Arms public house and All Saints church.
“The 50 foot Dutch barge is understood to be in excellent condition having been refitted and rewired in 2018 and has until recently been used for sea-going trips. It has an 80 horse power Ford engine,” say the agents. “It would be suitable as either a home or Air BnB.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the mod-cons on offer are a gas cooker, fridge, washing machine, microwave and electric water heater, and there is a woodburner in the living room.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 8 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks