Earls Colne-based Milbank Group acquires Colchester manufacturing firm Sui Generis International
- Credit: Archant
The Essex-based Milbank Group has expanded further with the acquisition of Colchester glass-reinforced plastic (GRP) products manufacturer Sui Generis International.
Sui Generis, which produces GRP parts for use in building and vehicles together with fibreglass linings, industrial coatings and anti-slip flooring, joins Milbank Concrete Products, based at Earls Colne, and Cadman Cranes, based in Stanway, Colchester, within the Milbank Group.
Andy Mayne, managing director of Milbank Concrete Products and Cadman Cranes, said: “Whilst Sui Generis may sell different products to Milbank, we are in fact very similar.
“Both companies design, manufacture, deliver and install products along with dealing directly with the end consumer, continually focusing on reliability and excellence. We believe that with our resources and the combined expertise from both companies’ personnel, we can add further growth and success to the Sui Generis business.”
The acquisition was completed on October 9 with the help of Prism Corporate Broking (buy side advisers), Birketts Solicitors (legal) and Ensors (tax due diligence).
You may also want to watch:
Sean Milbank, chairman of the Milbank Group, said: “We are delighted to welcome Sui Generis into our very local group of businesses. All three companies have long-standing reputations for good quality service to their clients and caring for their staff, and the move is really positive news for everyone concerned.”
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
- 9 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed