East Anglia: �82m social housing improvement deal for Foster Property Maintenance
A PROCUREMENT consortium representing social housing providers across the eastern region has awarded a property improvement contract worth �82million.
The four-year framework deal had been won by Wisbech-based Foster Property Maintenance (FPM), which beat off competition from a number of national contractors in a competitive tendering process.
Members of the Eastern Procurement Consortium (EPC) including Colne Housing, Orwell Housing, Suffolk Housing Society, Freebridge Community Housing, Saffron Housing, Norwich City Council, Victory Housing, Wherry Housing, Cotman Housing Association (Places For People) and Hundred Housing Society.
Steve Tyree, head of EPC, said: “This competitively tendered arrangement enables existing and new members of Eastern Procurement Consortium to complete refurbishments including kitchens, bathrooms, roofing, electrical works, disabled adaptations (DDA), insulation, renewable energies and more, without having to individually procure contracts.”
He added: “EPC members selected FPM based upon their demonstration of relative advantages in both cost and quality. We are incredibly excited about the positive impact the improvement works will have on the lives of our members residents over the coming years.”
Steve Foster, director of FPM. said several multi-national companies had entered the housing association marketplace in recent times, making FPM’s successful bid the more impressive.
“This successful bid is in no small part down the talented and passionate people we have at Fosters, from senior managers through to multi-skilled operatives,” he said.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 7 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 8 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 9 Cobwebs spotted covering entire trees across Suffolk
- 10 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
“Our team always gives 100%, and this successful tender is a huge pat on the back for all concerned. We have forged a great working partnership with EPC, and their members, and are committed to making sure we exceed their expectations on every level over the coming years.”