East Anglia: Alistair Lang to become chief executive of Gotelee Solicitors
- Credit: Archant
Alistair Lang is to become chief executive of Suffolk-based law firm Gotelee Solcitors with effect from June 1.
Mr Lang is currently director of strategy at the 16-partner firm, which he joined last autumn after standing down as chief executive of regional law firm Birketts at the end of May.
Brian Morron, senior partner at Gotelee, said: “We have for some time been considering changing our internal structure to meet changing client and business demands.
“Alistair has wide experience in the legal sector and beyond and since last October has come to know the firm well. It was not a difficult decision to invite him to take on running the business and release the lawyers to do what they do best ? provide legal advice.”
Mr Lang said: “Gotelee intends to work across the whole community in and around Ipswich providing legal support, advice and help to individuals, businesses and other organisations, to be the obvious choice of lawyer for all. The chance to work with a group of very able lawyers who have a clear idea of what they want to achieve was too good to miss.”
Mr Morron added: “Gotelee is financially strong with a clear sense of purpose, and looking forward to our next phase of growth under Alistair’s leadership.”
Gotelee is based in Elm Street, Ipswich, and also has an office in Church Street, Hadleigh.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 8 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 9 Man who punched ex-partner in face appeared 'unusually angry'
- 10 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
Mr Lang was chief executive at Birketts for near 12 years. He joined the firm following a career in banking, including a period as regional director in East Anglia for Bank of Scotland during which time he oversaw the opening of a new office in Ipswich, in 1993.