East Anglia: Anglian Business Awards finalists are announced
With just over one week to go until the winners of this year’s Anglian Business Awards are announced, final judging is underway in all 13 categories.
The awards, organised by Archant, publishers of the East Anglian Daily Times, the Evening Star and Suffolk Business magazine and sponsored by Choose Suffolk, are designed to recognise business success in a number of areas including medium/large business, small business, start-ups, innovation, environment and training.
Businesses submitted entries in the early part of the year and judging has been taking place in stages since May 20, with the shortlisted candidates now being assessed by independent judges.
At the time of writing there was just one category – community involvement – still to be shortlisted.
Archant Suffolk events manager Chris Grover said this year’s competition had attracted high quality entries from businesses keen to demonstrate their achievements.
He said it was clear from the standard of entries that Suffolk had many business that were thriving, despite continuing to operate in a tough economic environment, and the awards judges had a challenging task to single out winners.
They will be announced at a black tie dinner hosted by BBC Radio 4’s John Humphrys on July 7 at Trinity Park in Ipswich.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
The finalists are:
Gorgeous Star PR
Apparition Marketing and Design
Ipswich Building Society
Hearing Care Centre
Business Person of the Year
White Space Design
Clarke and Carter Interyacht
International Export Supplies
React Computer Partnership
Not for profit
Red Rose Chain
Suffolk Sports Aid
Framlingham Technology Centre
Radwinter Wild Game Company
The Pheasant, Gestingthorpe
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
Feathers Salon Group
Countrywide Accident Assurance
Innovation and transformation
Sales Media Evolution
Community – still to be shortlisted