East Anglia: Anglian Water signs £450m of contracts with Barhale, Clancy Docwra, Kier MG and Morrison
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Water has announced contracts worth around £450million over the next five years to deliver upgrades aimed at helping customers save money.
The company has signed contracts with Barhale, Clancy Docwra, Kier MG and Morrison Utility Services.
Clancy Docwra and Kier MG will deliver Anglian Water’s Integrated Metering and Developer Services (IMDS) programme in a partnership worth about £200m.
Working with Anglian Water employees, the firms will deliver the entire domestic and business metering programme including water efficiency audits to help customers save water, and save money. They will also lay new mains and divert existing pipework, and install new water connections to housing developments.
Barhale, Kier MG and Morrison Utility Services will deliver the Integrated Operational Solutions (IOS) programme, worth in the region of £250m. They will deliver the majority of small replacement and refurbishment projects, such as work on filter screens at existing operational sites and treatment works, as well as programmes of small scale new installations, such as pumping stations and control kiosks across the entire Anglian Water region.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Tucker, Head of Capital Delivery and Supply Chain Management for Anglian Water, said: “Confirming our partners for these two vitally important alliances is another significant step forward in our AMP6 procurement process.
“We are determined to deliver maximum efficiency and satisfaction for our customers by working closely with these carefully selected organisations to drive innovation.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 6 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 7 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 8 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 9 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 10 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
Contractors have committed to support the delivery of the 10 outcomes Anglian Water has promised as part of its business planning for the next five years. Contracts may also run for 15 years, with a review after each five-year period which means these could deliver around £1.5bn of investment.