East Anglia: Anglian Water signs £450m of contracts with Barhale, Clancy Docwra, Kier MG and Morrison
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Water has announced contracts worth around £450million over the next five years to deliver upgrades aimed at helping customers save money.
The company has signed contracts with Barhale, Clancy Docwra, Kier MG and Morrison Utility Services.
Clancy Docwra and Kier MG will deliver Anglian Water’s Integrated Metering and Developer Services (IMDS) programme in a partnership worth about £200m.
Working with Anglian Water employees, the firms will deliver the entire domestic and business metering programme including water efficiency audits to help customers save water, and save money. They will also lay new mains and divert existing pipework, and install new water connections to housing developments.
Barhale, Kier MG and Morrison Utility Services will deliver the Integrated Operational Solutions (IOS) programme, worth in the region of £250m. They will deliver the majority of small replacement and refurbishment projects, such as work on filter screens at existing operational sites and treatment works, as well as programmes of small scale new installations, such as pumping stations and control kiosks across the entire Anglian Water region.
Jason Tucker, Head of Capital Delivery and Supply Chain Management for Anglian Water, said: “Confirming our partners for these two vitally important alliances is another significant step forward in our AMP6 procurement process.
“We are determined to deliver maximum efficiency and satisfaction for our customers by working closely with these carefully selected organisations to drive innovation.”
- 1 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 4 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 5 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Suffolk school unveils plans for new fitness suite and cafe
- 8 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 9 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 10 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
Contractors have committed to support the delivery of the 10 outcomes Anglian Water has promised as part of its business planning for the next five years. Contracts may also run for 15 years, with a review after each five-year period which means these could deliver around £1.5bn of investment.