East Anglia: Arable farm with free range egg unit up for sale for £2m
- Credit: Archant
A residential farm in the Waveney Valley, including a five-bedroom farmhouse, 125 acres of land and a 16.000-hen free range egg production unit, is being marketed through the Ipswich office of Savills with a guide price of £2million.
White House Farm, at Needham, near Harleston, offers a mix of good quality arable land, extending to about 68 acres, and some marshland, totalling nearly seven acres, fronting the River Waveney.
It also includes a range of domestic and agricultural buildings and a three-bedroom cottage adjoining the main house.
The farm is being offered for sale as a whole or in up to five lots, with lot one including the main house, believed to date from the 16th Century, the cottage, created from a former dairy, a steel portal framed farm building and 5.84 acres of land.
Lot two, extending to 44.47 acres, includes the free range egg unit which measures 111.7 metres by 18.6 metres. The building is of cladded steel frame construction and includes automated drinking, feeding and egg collection systems.
The arable land is divided into lots three and four. Lot three consists of a block of land totalling 41.47 acres, divided into three fields, with access fom Tumbrill Lane and High Road. 16.77 Single Payment Scheme entitlements will transfer with the land.
Lot four consists of a single field, extending to 26.29 acres, which has access directly from the A143. 10.76 Single Payment Scheme entitlements will transfer with this sale.
- 1 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 2 Suffolk glamp site 'perfect for romantic retreats' named among best in UK
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 4 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 5 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
- 6 Long-running BBC One show to be filmed in Suffolk church
- 7 'It's going great' - New pizzeria proving a hit in east Suffolk town
- 8 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
- 9 'He can trust me to do that' - Leigh on his new challenge at Town
The marshland, totalling 6.75 acres, makes up lot five, with 2.68 Single Payment Scheme entitlements transferring with the sale.
The purchaser(s) of lots three, four and five will be required to take on the relevant Entry Level and Higher Level stewardship scheme options.