East Anglia: Archant chief becomes president of Newspaper Society
ADRIAN Jeakings, the chief executive of regional media group Archant, whose titles include the East Anglian Daily Times and the Ipswich Star, has become president of the Newspaper Society.
The Newspaper Society (NS) represents and promotes the interests of Britain’s regional and local media. It was founded in 1836 and is believed to be the oldest publishers’ association in the world.
Adrian Jeakings, succeeds Geraldine Allinson, chairman of the Kent Messenger Group, in the role of president.
He said: “I would like to thank Geraldine for all the excellent work she has done to promote the important work of local newspapers across the UK.
“The NS plays an invaluable role in promoting the unique strengths and qualities of our industry, through initiatives such as the immensely successful Local Business Accelerators campaign, and I look forward to continuing this good work over the coming year.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Jeakings joined the Archant board as finance director in October 2002 and became chief executive in November 2008. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and was group finance director of The Stationery Office before joining Archant.
He was previously treasurer and vice-president of the Newspaper Society and sits on the society’s board. He is also a director of the PA Group Limited, a member of the audit committee of the University of East Anglia and a governor of Norwich School.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
A new NS president is elected from the membership every year in July.