East Anglia: Archant names former Filmflex Movies head Jeff Henry as its new chief executive
- Credit: Archant
Independent regional media business Archant, whose titles include the East Anglian Daily Times, has appointed Jeff Henry as its new chief executive.
Mr Henry, who will join the business on September 1, has a long and successful background in the media business.
Having held senior management positions at companies including Scottish TV, NYNEX and London News Network, he successfully launched a number of new cable channels and digital platforms, first as chief executive at Granada Sky Broadcasting and then for the Hallmark Channel.
He then joined ITV as chief executive of ITVC where he was responsible for building a business focused on local digital and consumer revenues.
Most recently, he was chief executive of Filmflex Movies, a joint venture between Sony Pictures Television and the Walt Disney Company, which he developed into one of the largest white label video on demand (VOD) businesses in Europe, powering film VOD services for companies such as Virgin Media, EE and TalkTalk. He steered its successful development over three years and oversaw its sale to Vubiquity in May this year.
You may also want to watch:
Archant chairman Simon Bax said: “We are delighted that Jeff, with his breadth of experience and expertise across the world of multi-media and content and his outstanding commercial track record, is going to lead the business forward.
“With our powerful portfolio of newspapers, magazines, websites, mobile apps, events and our newly-launched local TV station, this business has a great opportunity to be the most innovative local media business in the UK and to provide our consumers and commercial partners with new ways to engage with all the content we create. We have an exciting time ahead and I look forward very much to Jeff joining the team.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Mr Henry said: “Archant has a fantastic heritage, an exciting vision, powerful local brands and a great ambition to take the business forward.
“I am delighted to have the opportunity to be able to lead the business at this time, as media habits change and our communities demand news, information and other content across multiple platforms. I look forward to working with the team at Archant in making it the most progressive local media business in the UK.”