East Anglia: Barclays to launch “export clinic” events
BANKING group Barclays is launching a series of “Export Clinics” in the eastern region to provide small businesses with the tools and know-how to start trading internationally
The events, the first of which is to be held in Bury St Edmunds on October 25, will highlight the benefits of exporting – with research indicating that businesses which export grow by almost a third on average in just two years – and provide information on how it can be done successfully.
The clinics follow the launch by Barclays last month of Business Abroad, a new “one stop shop” service to help businesses start trading overseas, including free access to expert guidance, advice and workshops as well as discounts on international products and services.
Mark Suthern, head of relationship banking for Barclays, eastern region, said: “Winning business overseas is a vitally important way for SMEs to prosper and help grow our way out of recession.
“Our research shows that in the challenging domestic market, exporting provides attractive new revenue growth of up to a third, boosting the bottom line and supporting job creation.
“We are committed to helping UK SMEs take that step to winning new trade around the world, and have experts in place across the globe ready to lend their support and advice.”
The clinics will identify the steps to successful exporting and address key issues such as which countries to target and the barriers and challenges involved.
- 1 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 4 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 5 The former Ipswich players looking for new clubs this summer
- 6 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 7 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 8 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
Barclays experts will also be on-hand to provide one-on-one advice relating to individual needs as well as “local hero businesses” which have achieved success through exporting and can help others in the region do the same.
For full details of the clinics, visit www.barclays.co.uk/businessabroad .