East Anglia-based Birketts advises on sale of Crescent Building Supplies
- Credit: Archant
East Anglia-based law firm Birketts has advised on the sale of Crescent Building Supplies, based in Ruislip, north-west London, to the Grafton Group.
Crescent provides building and DIY products to both trade and retail customers. Birketts acted on behalf of the vendors, Les and Paula White, providing property, tax and employment advice.
Mr White, managing director, said: “Birketts’ team, represented by James Austin and Lynne Hill, operated in a very professional and helpful manner during the sale. They were at all times in control of the situation and assisted me during this stressful time as the target seller. I cannot recommend them highly enough to any company looking to dispose of a business interest.”
James Austin, who led the Birketts team on the transaction, said: “This required resources from a number of teams across the firm and it’s always particularly pleasing when we’re able to meet our clients’ needs by pulling together in this manner.
“The work was primarily carried out by the Ipswich team, including Lynne Hill, Karl Pocock, Greg Jones, Stuart Raven and Sarina Bailey.
“I am delighted that this family business which has grown over the last 24 years has made a successful exit. The deal will allow Grafton Merchanting GB to extend its offering to building professionals across the South East.”
The financial value of the transacton was not disclosed.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 5 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 9 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
Birketts, which is based in Ipswich and also has offices in Chelmsford, Norwich and Cambridge, was recently crowned Corporate and Commercial Regional Firm of the Year at The Legal 500 UK Awards and, earlier last year, Corporate Law Firm of the Year at the 2014 Dealmakers Awards.