East Anglia DAF dealership Chassis Cab supplies new £1m fleet to Parkside Warehousing and Transport
- Credit: Archant
Regional DAF truck dealership Chassis Cab has delivered a fleet of new vehicles together worth nearly £1million to family-owned logistics business Parkside Warehousing and Transport.
Parkside, which has bases in Stowmarket and Ipswich and provides storage, cargo handling, freight forwarding and transport services, has renewed its entire fleet with an order for nine new DAF XF Euro 6 460 Super Space Cab trucks.
Chassis Cab, which has bases in the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Cambridge areas, has previously supplied Parkside with individual rental truck to supplement its old fleet.
Daryl Bridges, transport manager at Parkside, said: “The latest technology Euro 6 engines are the best and most fuel efficient trucks ever, and transport efficiency is critical to us and to our customers. Everything affects profitability and these new trucks will give our business a new edge.”
“We are delighted with our new and improved fleet, and are now ready for whatever new business opportunities come our way in the future.”
Chassis Cab sales manager David Scarff added: “Parkside is a highly-reputable family business with a hugely loyal employee and customer base. The drivers will be very happy with the new Super Space cabs which give hugely enhanced driver experience.
“And, with an exceptional servicing and maintenance contract in place, customers will benefit from the fact that their goods will always be where they need to be, when they need to be there.”
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 5 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 6 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
- 7 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 10 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
Parkside was set up in 1968 and is still overseen by its cairman and founder, Roy Holloway, now aged 83, together with his son Gordon and daughters Elaine, Claire and Sarah who are directors of the business. The company employs a team of around 30 drivers and staff.