East Anglia: Deadline nears for Enterprise Superstars scheme
THE search for 20 “Enterprise Superstars” to share their stories, vision and experience to inspire new entrepreneurs around the region is approaching a crucial stage.
The Eastern Enterprise Hub, based on the Waterfront in Ipswich, launched a campaign earlier this year to find business leaders willing to engage with a broad range of potential entrepreneurs, whether by making speeches and presentations, taking part in question and answer sessions or giving media interviews.
Several expressions of interest have already been received and the deadline for applications is now just days away, on Wednesday, June 15.
Celia Hodson, director of the Eastern Enterprise Hub, said: “Entrepreneurs are not one type of person and very rarely arrive in business in a straight line. Their unifying quality is a brilliant idea and the passion to make it succeed.
“By sharing their stories, Enterprise Superstars will inspire people across Suffolk to find their inner entrepreneur.”
Fronting the campaign, and the first to sign-up to to help, is Oliver Paul, director and co-founder of the Suffolk Food Hall, near Ipswich.
Together with cousin Robert Paul, he established the Food Hall at Wherstead four years ago after identifying a gap in the market for a retail outlet specialising in fine Suffolk produce.
- 1 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 2 Ipswich Town installed as early League One title favourites
- 3 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 4 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 5 14 players that could solve Town's left-sided problem
- 6 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 7 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 8 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 9 Excitement builds as Suffolk Show venue wakes up
- 10 Man left with head injury after attack in seaside town
“By sharing his entrepreneurial journey, warts and all, Oliver will lead where the hub’s other superstars will follow,” added Mrs Hodson.
“Suffolk has a strong business community and this campaign will utilise their talent and energy in the search for the future entrepreneurs.”
To register interest in joining the region’s Enterprise Superstars, visit www.eehub.co.uk/enterprise-superstars.aspx .