East Anglia: Drain Doctor Plumbing franchise completes hat-trick of awards
- Credit: Archant
Rob Simpson, who holds the Drain Doctor Plumbing franchise across the Ipswich, Colchester, Chelmsford, Cambridge and Southend areas, has completed a hat-trick of national awards.
Having won the most progressive new franchise title at the group’s national awards in 2011 and the business growth award last year, he has now won the marketing award at this year’s event, held in Chester.
Group founder and chairman Freddie Mitman said: “These awards all recognise special achievements in the franchise network.
“This year’s Marketing Award winner takes the Drain Doctor ethic to new heights. Rob has consistently recognised valuable marketing opportunities and used them to promote the Drain Doctor business across East Anglia.
“A little over four years ago Rob and his wife Sam purchased an already successful area. Driving it forwards they saw a significant increase in growth in 2011 and 2012.
You may also want to watch:
“ They took on the challenging task of building on the success of what was one of Drain Doctor’s most successful franchises and was the first business in the Drain Doctor network to reach a £1million annual turnover.”
Mr Simpson, who give up a role as a senior account manager for Yellow Pages to take on the franchise, said: “Drain Doctor’s success in East Anglia has come from offering local businesses and householders ‘dazzling’ levels of service in an industry that is plagued by ‘cowboy’ operators.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
“We have been able to promote this by identifying good marketing opportunities and using a variety of channels to get across our message to our customers.”
The East Anglian franchise provides a wide range of plumbing and drainage repairs, including high-pressure jetting, “no-dig” drain re-lining and closed circuit camera surveys.
Mr and Mrs Simpson more than achieved their target turnover during 2012 in spite of the recession and now have plans for further growth in 2013.
“Joining Drain Doctor Plumbing was most definitely the best thing I have done,” Mr Simpson added. “I investigated other franchise options when we decided to launch a new business and was impressed by Drain Doctor Plumbing’s professionalism.
“I plan to continue to grow the business in a controlled and sustained way but despite the recession I don’t intend to hold back on investment in marketing.
“I opted to join Drain Doctor because the company has a real focus on customer service. I can be an independent operator running my own business but with all the back-up that comes with being part of a national organisation.”