East Anglia: HGCA to launch new guidance at UK Grain event
- Credit: Archant
Copies of HGCA’s updated grain sampling guide will be available for the first time at next week’s UK Grain event in Peterborough.
The guide brings together guidance on sampling into one publication and highlights best practice across the supply chain.
“For growers, knowing the quality of your grain is essential so that you can store it, sell it effectively and get the best return for your work,” said HGCA chairman Jonathan Tipples.
“But the new guide is not just for growers. It has been drawn up with support from across the supply chain, so it sets out good sampling practice from the field to the weighbridge.”
As well as picking up a guide, visitors to the HGCA stand also receive a mixing bucket and see demonstrations of making a representative sample.
You may also want to watch:
Independent expert Dr Ken Wildey will be on hand to answer any grain sampling questions. Dr Wildey will also be providing a storage pest identification service – visitors are invited to bring an unidentified pest along in a sealed container or even just a photo.
Two speakers from HGCA feature in the event’s full seminar programme. Jack Watts will deliver a full update on world grain markets, looking at what has driven grain prices in 2013 and highlighting things to look out for in 2014. Dr Ellie Marshall’s presentation will focus on grain quality, looking at how results from HGCA’s Recommended List trials compare with those for on-farm crops.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
A new HGCA poster, “Inspecting grain for defects and impurities” will also be available at UK Grain. The Gguide and the posters will be also sent to nearly 30,000 HGCA levy payers and key stakeholders during November. The HGCA will be at stand 1G at UK Grain.